The Classical work al-Bidayah wa'an-Nihayah (The Beginning and the End) or Tarikh ibn Kathir (The history [book of] Ibn Kathir) is One of the most comprehensive sources of Islamic history.
However as yet there is no Complete English Translation of this famous Encyclopaedia of Islamic History which covers
- The beginning of creation and the sending of man upon the earth
- Stories of the past Prophets
- Seerah of the Prophet Muhammad (S)
- The Times of the Sahaba (Companions)
- and History up to time of author (768 h)
A history of Muslims from Adam until Ibn Kathir’s time.
Printed by Dar Ibn Jowzi (Cairo) in 7 Volumes on Yellow paper.